Junior Open Water Diver
Only 13,700 BHT
This 3 days course will teach you how to become a young certified diver by acquiring all required basic knowledge of scuba diving. This will be achieved through the elementary dive theory and practical skills. We will educate you how to behave as a conservative and safe practicing diver. In our ECO Dive Center, you will learn about sea awareness in order to get to know conservation rules (Coral life course).
The program comprises of discovering a perfectly new world in which you will discover your own path. We will bring you slowly to reach your first diving certificate. You will go through the first day by learning theory and underwater skills. The two following days are the best part of this course as you will be enjoying 4 full dives with your instructor and buddies. Explore and get acquaintance with undersea life!
Your Maximum Depth: 12 Meters
What you will learn:
Day 1 – Theory and confined water practice
- Morning session: Completing the theory part by watching different sections and revising your knowledge.
- Afternoon session: Fun with confined water! Meet the entire requirement by completing the confined water with the following skills:
- Skin Diving
- Equipment Preparation and Care
- Surface protocols
- Underwater skills in shallow water
- Underwater skills in deep water
- Surface skills in deep water
Day 2 and Day 3 – Open Water Dives in natural environment
We offer 2 dives per day to complete your required 4 Open Water Dives. These dives will not be at more than 12m depth (max depth for Junior Open Diver) and you will perform in the natural environment some of the skills you complete the previous day.
Schedule of the day:
- Setting up of your scuba equipment under your instructor’s supervision
- Learning about dive briefing
- Open Water Dives by applying dive planed
- Make a safety stop by using a buoy line
- Rinsing properly a diving equipment
- Debriefing of the day
- Final exams
The Scuba Gear You will Use
You will use all the basic scuba equipment and a diving computer during your open water dives. You will be able to buy your own mask in our retail shop as it is always better when it fits the face properly. A buoyancy compensating jacket that holds your scuba tank, a scuba regulator that delivers air, a weight system and instrumentation to monitor depth and air supply will be used also. We will provide you with a short wetsuit as well. We will give you a special 10% discount on anything you want to invest within our retail shop!
The Prerequisites for This Course
To take this course, you must be:
- Fit for Diving (Medical Statement)
- At least 10 years old
- Able to swim and float in water
Please note that we do not allow more than 4 students per course! If you are less than 15 years old you can also get your certification by following our Junior Open Water Course.
|Junior Ow Course Get your first full certificate in 3 days - 3 days / 4 Dives on our local sites||฿ 13,700.00|
|Discover Before Your Jow Course Experience a first day with 2 dives before starting your 3 days JOW course - 4 days / 6 dives||฿ 16,200.00|
|Package Jow Advance Jow Course Be an adventure diver and complete two certificates to get more experience - Includes JOW and Advance JOW certificates in 5 days / 9 Dives||฿ 24,480.00|
- Pick Up from 8.30 am at your resort
- Half day – Theory & Video
- Lunch Break from 12.30 am until 1.30 pm
- Afternoon at the swimming pool for your confined water
- Back to your resort around 4.30 pm (depending on your confined water session)
Day 2 & 3
- Pick Up from 7.00 am at your resort
- Boat departures at 8.00 am
- First Open Water dive around 10.00 am
- One hour surface interval
- Second Open Water dive around 12.30 am
- Lunch serves on the way back
- Back to Lanta around 3.30 pm
- Food, Drinks, Fruits & Snacks on board
- Daily transfers from / to your resort
- Small group of 4 students per Instructors Guaranteed!
- National Entrance fee (=600 THB) if Day trip at Koh Haa
- Food and Drinks on first day